Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tipping Rules

I’m at the age where I often find myself in situations where tipping is necessary. Whether I like it or not we live in a society where $1 per drink is the standard and if you don’t follow that rule then you risk being called out by a lady bartender. Good luck finding casual sex after being put on blast at the bar.

I also have no problem with tipping at restaurants. I shoot for around 20% and that number seems pretty legit. Going under 15% is the most buster ass move you can pull when you go out to eat. If an extra $1.50 for tip makes that much of a difference in your life then your ass shouldn’t be at an Applebee’s in the first place. Stay home and make salami sandwiches or something.

However, the girlfriend and I went out to eat the other day and checked our coats. I started sweating the coat check process before our meals had even arrived at the table. What’s the rule here? Do I give you $1 for bringing me my coat? Is that not enough? Trying to tip someone and finding out that it’s not enough is just a buster situation. Do I tip based on the weight of the coat? $1 per sleeve? If that’s the case then what happens if I wear a poncho or something? Just put the rule by the front door or something so I don’t overthink it. Otherwise I’m going to pull the move that I did the other day which is grabbing the coat without making eye contact and sprinting towards the door. It’s not a good look but I had to think on the fly.

Tipping Rules are buster. Keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment