Monday, December 20, 2010

Self Checkout Dummies

I’m going to the supermarket to buy ingredients for a pasta recipe that I’m making. I like pasta because I’m not afraid of carbs. Being afraid of bread is buster.

I decided not to grab a basket because I only needed a few things. A few things turned into a lot of things and I’m eventually walking around with onions and canned tomatoes in my pockets because I can’t carry them. I’m embarrassed by my lack of preparation.

There are tons of people at all of the standard check out lines so I go to the self check out.

Guess what I see. People rolling up with 40+ items. That’s a buster ass amount of items to bring to the self checkout line. It takes way longer to scan each item, how do you not realize that already. Look for the bar code. Find the bar code. Scan the item. Didn’t scan. Scan again. Didn’t scan. Scan a third time. Now it scanned, and you put it in the bagging area. Oh shit, now we’ve got an unexpected item in the bagging area and you need help from a staff member. You look like a fool right now with some buster ass grocery computer calling all the shots. Letting a grocery computer play you in front of a crowd? Buster ass move; take your cart to the regular lines.

Self Checkout Dummies are buster. Keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment