Thursday, December 30, 2010

Subway Singer

I leave work yesterday and head towards the red line on State. It’s not that bad of a walk because I’ve recently been wearing scarves. I went from the ages of 9 – 26 without rocking the neck sweater but I got one as a gift from girlfriend so I’m giving them a shot. I look like fancy male prostitute.

I see two or three homeless on my walk to the station. I don’t have any change but I at least acknowledge them and say I don’t have anything. Pretending the homeless are invisible is buster.

I get to the station and immediately panic because I can’t tell if the noise is the escalator or an approaching train. I’m willing knock a child out of the way because barely missing trains is buster as hell.

I get to the track level and see the train approaching so I'm pretty pumped. I grab my book to start reading more about the Federal Reserve; according to the author, a fiat currency system is buster. Then I hear you. Who said that the red line platform was an auditorium for every street musician in the city? It’s loud enough with all the trains running by in an enclosed space; we don’t need some old dude belting out “My Girl” by himself over and over. Bro, there are 60 people on the platform and every one of them has their back to you. Pack your shit and go home because not taking a clue is buster. Try out for American Idol or something.

Subway Singer is buster. Keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment