Thursday, December 23, 2010

Downtown Algonquin

The initial plan was to pick me up at Arlington park. That plan changed so I'm getting picked up at Palatine. Mom calls 3 times to confirm this.

I'm getting picked up at Palatine because there's a huge ass aquarium store around there. No need for Christian activities; let's go look at some fishies. The store warns you not to put your finger in the piranha tank. If you're stupid enough to stick your fingers in there then you deserve to be some buster ass with nine fingers.

We finish the trip to the aquarium store and start driving home. Dad goes the wrong way and starts to swear. Mom's crinkling the map. Shit's starting to spiral.

Guess what happens. We roll through Algonquin. You're just gonna make us roll for 10 miles with one lane and stoplights all over the place? C'mon, my dad is losing it right now. At one time there was talk about building another road through Algonquin but the city said no because it would divert traffic from their downtown area. Seriously? Because I just rolled through this place and I saw a pizza shop, a bank, a funeral home, some shitty martini bar, and a spot named Bullwinkles. Don't get me wrong, I'd probably get hammed at Bullwinkles and go for a slice after but this is one of the most buster ass downtowns I've ever seen. You're just gonna add 30 minutes to my drive so I can roll past some dead bodies and a bank? Buster ass move.

Downtown Algonquin is buster. Keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment