Friday, January 14, 2011

Deli Lines

This past Sunday I go to the grocery store to pick up lunch stuff for the week. I bring the lunch to save money but there is a huge downside. The communal refrigerator. There isn’t a more awful place on earth then the communal refrigerator; just a food graveyard of labeled leftovers and half finished bottles of soda. Everything just sits in there forever because as soon as you toss a 3 week old container of beef stew you hear from some crazy lady who wanted her moldy ass beef stew for lunch that day. And don’t misjudge the situation; people will go to the mattresses for their leftovers. Communal fridge is a buster ass situation that I stay away from.

Since I stay away from the communal fridge I’m limited to sandwiches for lunch. My sandwiches are pretty boring because I don’t add mayo or tomatoes or mustard or anything. Mayo or tomato on a sandwich for 5 hours before lunch? That’s a soggy ass bread situation.

One way to make a sandwich a little bit better is by buying better ingredients such as bakery bread and pre-packaged deli cheeses. You ever have challah bread from the bakery? Probably the most unbuster form of complex carbohydrates out there. Shit is bananas.

While I’ll buy some nice bakery bread and some nice pre-packaged deli cheese I don’t buy deli meats because the deli counter is one of the more buster places that you’re ever going to imagine; just a terrible roster of characters in the deli line. You’ve got the lady who’s got no idea what she wants. Seriously? Did you just wander over to the deli counter by mistake? You couldn’t make the turkey vs. chicken decision on the walk over here? I have to watch you debate this right now? Buster ass move. Even worse is the person who orders 20 different things. One type of turkey isn’t enough? You really need a quarter pound of 8 different types of meats and 4 different types of cheeses? This isn’t Top Chef; limit your turkey and cheese variations. There’s a line and you’re trying to become some buster ass Gordon Ramsey. Man, I hate the supermarket.

Deli Lines are buster. Keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment