Thursday, January 6, 2011

Broken CTA Card

I wake up early this morning to go jogging. I hear the story about the homeless dude with a killer voice who got a job with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Redemption stories are not buster. However, the story mentions that he went to school to study radio broadcasting before he was homeless. What? What kind of classes can you take? Talk into the goddamned microphone and you’re on the radio. Class dismissed.

The lights stay off when I get ready because I don’t want to wake up the fish. That’s one of the more buster ass sentences I’m ever going to write. Since when do fish run the goddamned show at my condo? Since December’s fish suicide/murder spree, that’s when.

Bus Tracker says the bus is getting here in four minutes. No time for the elevator; I take the emergency stairs. I get to the bus stop with 3 ½ minutes to spare but showing up a minute late and missing the bus is some kind of unquantifiable level of buster. Stephen Hawking couldn’t even wrap his mind around how buster that situation is.

I get on the bus and scan my wallet with the card in it. Nothing happens. No problem, I’ll just take the card out. I scan the card by itself. Nothing happens. I’m starting to sweat. I let the people behind me get on the bus because making someone stand there while you act like a dickbag on the bus is a buster move. I keep on scanning this card while the bus driver pulls away. Bend the card the bus driver tells me. Bend the card? What kind of Mickey Mouse operation is the CTA running where you just bend shit to make it work? I bend the hell out of the card and nothing is happening. We pull up to another stop and I have to get out of the way to let more people on. Not only do I look like a goofball in front of the entire bus but now I’m losing seats as well? Buster ass situation. The bus driver tells me to forget it and go check with the CTA office about what’s going on. I appreciate the driver taking the high road on this issue but I really have to go to the CTA offices? Goddamn, I could start a whole new blog about how buster that office is. People just walking around with dumps in their pants and what not.

Broken CTA Card is buster. Keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment