Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cryogenics

I don’t understand why anyone would want to be cryogenically frozen. Say that everything goes well and you’re actually woken up in 500 years. You wouldn’t understand anything, would have no bankable skills, and would likely end up as a ward of the state (if there's such a thing as "states" in the future). Stallone ended up all right in ‘Demolition Man’ but Wesley Snipes was a black guy who preferred blonde hair in that flick so I’m not sure if you can take that seriously.

If you don’t immediately die from some future disease that you’ve got no resistance against, I think the odds are pretty decent that you get tossed into a zoo. Just watch all of the TV that you missed (Whitney got 8 seasons, btw) and eat synthetic Chinese food while the gray children (everyone is gray in the future) of 2512 make fun of the fact that you poop like a Neanderthal. That doesn’t sound like something I’m personally interested in. Walt Disney is going to be pissed.

Cryogenics is a buster situation. Keep coming back.

1 comment:

  1. I subscribe to Family Handyman Magazine. Good read but the issue that burns me up is the amount of subscription post cards that are buried in the pages.
    One or two (at most) I understand, but the February issue had 6. At 85 pages that's one every 14 pages... Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete