Thursday, June 9, 2011

Volleybrawlers vs. My Bumbs

Volleybrawlers dropped the second game of the season with a 2-0 loss (and a close loss on the consolation game)

We won the game of "Paper-Rock-Scissors" when the other team threw a mixture of paper/rock and gave us the choice of ball or side.

Squad size of 6 (2 boys and 4 girls) which grew to 7 when Ben showed up during the second game.

Krista and Larissa both get hat tips due to solid bumping and serving ability. This other team was tossing fireballs and they managed to deal with a lot of them.

Ben is better at the net then I am because he actually spikes the ball instead of just flailing at it like I do. We need more tall people to come to games.

I didn't suck as bad as last week but I'm still not proud of myself. I was stronger at the net and back line but managed to look like jerk when a ball I tried to bump basically hit me in the face. Embarrasing. Also unhelpful was the fact that I had no legs for the first 10 minutes because my jog to the beach was hard as hell. It was heavy hot yesterday; it felt like I was carrying a dwarf on my back when I was running.

Squadron grade: B-. We weren't all that strong but the other team was one of the more solid sides I've seen at the recreational level. They had guys laying daggers at the net, girls serving fireballs, all that shit. Too much.

Season record: 1-1.

Volleybrawlers are unbuster. Keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment