Thursday, June 2, 2011

Volleybrawlers vs. Electric Mayhem

Volleybrawlers open the season with a 2-0 win (not including the consolation game win).

We won the game of "Paper-Rock-Scissors" when I opened with scissors (WHAT!). Don't ever try to peg me in PRS because I'll freeze you up with a breaking ball and make you look foolish as hell. We got to open with the sun at our backs which was clutch, that sun was brutal.

Squad size of 7 (2 boys and 5 girls). 3 brand new faces on the team. I'll have their names down sometime in August, I bet.

Larissa played lights out as usual and I think she gave herself a concussion going after a dig. Best bumper/digger on the team by a mile.

Boche is tall and had some good spikes/sets. Never a bad idea to add height to the squadron.

I fucking sucked. I scored a few points at the net and had a couple decent serves but I rely way too much on other people covering space when I'm on the back line. I only like playing at the net; the back line sucks and it shows because I'm usually looking at the lake when I'm back there.

Squadron grade: B+. Never bad to shake off offseason rust with a win but our opponents won't be going pro anytime soon. They had a dude with glasses that was serving fireballs over the net. They could have used him earlier in the game.

Season record: 1-0.

Volleybrawlers are unbuster. Keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment