Monday, March 21, 2011

Potbelly's Eyebang

I'm at Potbelly's getting a sandwich for lunch. Potbelly's is not buster and is probably the top contender for chain sandwich stores even though Subway is always solid and Quizno's is basically a 4 star restaurant. Jimmy Johns is meh; I only liked those things in college when I was hammed and it didn't get another visit once the taco stand opened. The ISU taco stand was in no way buster. If you've got Blimpies ranked #1 then you're favorite food is probably hooker fingers or something. You're a weirdo.

I wait in line to order and, of course, I'm behind 4 people who've never seen a Potbellys before and need to have everything explained to them. Seriously, bro? The difference between "regular" and "big" is going to throw you? Are you a martian? Move your ass.

I see the guy making sandos and he looks like my little cousin but I'm not sure. Could he work here? Sure, I guess. I'm not sure if it's him. Do I say hi? That's awkward if it's not him. Do I not look at him? That's awkward if it is him. I didn't sign up for all this; I just wanted a sandwich. I decide that my best bet is to get a good look at the guy and decide then.

He looks right at me. That's not my cousin. He continues to look. I can't break the stare. I'm just eyebanging this kid to death right now and I don't know what to do. I smile. Jesus Christ, why do I smile? Is there a more awkward thing to do when you get caught eyebanging then smile? Just a Jefferey Dahmer look right there and that's a buster ass look.

Potbelly's Eyebang was buster. Keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment