Monday, February 14, 2011

Flying Follies

I go out to the east coast to visit the corporate headquarters for a year end review. Visiting corporate headquarters = 3 hours of meetings and 5 hours of playing brick breaker while pretending to read e-mails. Brick breaker is not buster. The meetings went well and I got some decent meals out of the visit so overall it was a pretty good trip. Basically, if I get to eat and don’t spill food on my work pants then I consider a work trip successful.

I leave on Thursday and get to the airport just to run into the slowest TSA screener on the planet. Chick just looked like an ex-librarian who decided to fight al-Qaeda by scanning my underpants 3 times. Fighting the terrorists with librarians? Buster ass move.

I get to the gate and decide to just hang out for a while. The airport has free wifi so I can look at the number of people who visit the blog each day and believe me when I say it’s a buster number. It’s like having a birthday party and the only kids who show up are cousins.

It’s time to line up to board and I take Southwest Airlines which is fun because you see the worst side of human beings possible. You’ve got all types of dick bags on Southwest. There’s always some guy who doesn’t understand the system. Dude's just in front of the line with B29 when they start boarding the A’s and gets all pouty ass when he can’t get on the plane first. Buster ass move. Then you have some person who is adamant about getting the proper number alignment. They think that since they have B22 and I have B24 they can just blast me in the face with their shoulder. Buster ass move. I won’t even get into all of the buster ass shit on the plane but I’ll talk about the one I hate the most: talking on the phone. Seriously, bro? Something came up in the 15 minutes between getting on the plane and taking off? You’re gonna have a conversation about Sudoku puzzles for 10 minutes before a stewardess forces you to hang up? Buster ass move.

Flying Follies are buster. Keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment