Friday, March 9, 2012

Street People

Hey sir? Do you have a second to talk about gay rights?

No, I don’t have a second. If you see me on the street downtown anytime Monday through Friday I’m doing one of two things: going to lunch or going home. I only have time for two things at this point: sandwiches and trains that smell like piss. Unless you’re talking about gay people being made into food or some kind of gay public transit system then I’m busy.

I feel bad for you standing out here holding a clipboard so I’ll at least shake your hand and mumble something about being late for a meeting. It’s total bullshit but at least I’m acknowledging your existence instead of pretending you're not there. People with clipboards and Chicago's homeless, invisible to everyone.

Street People are buster. Keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment