Monday, January 23, 2012

Elevator Talk

One thing I really don’t care for is elevator talk. There’s no better example of useless conversation then two strangers mumbling shit at one another on an elevator. It happens all the time and I don’t understand it. Are you worried that the cable’s going to snap so we all plunge to our deaths; do you need one more useless conversation before you die? Is this an exciting event for you so you’re all amped up and need to talk? Unless the elevator stalls for a few hours and we need to talk about whether going #2 is acceptable then we have nothing to talk about.

I had a great example of unnecessary elevator talk last night. "I smell.....steak. And.....fries." Silence. Are you goddamned serious? If the best topic of conversation is ‘Things I Smell’ lets go ahead and be quiet. While that would be a great conversation topic in North Korea (hermit country starvation joke, nailed it) it’s not something I need to hear about right now.

Elevator Talk is buster. Keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment